Thursday, November 01, 2007

Novemeber 1st, 2007

And another year comes and goes. Today is the fifth anniversary of Sally's accident. On the preceding anniversaries I have done so many things. Today was a little more relaxed. One thing that has been constant is at least one trip to the temple. That occurred today too but only as a part of my regular work assignment in the temple. I took the day off from work and had planned to go to the Salt Lake Temple. As I was getting the kids to school there was a report on the radio of a pretty serious accident on north I15 and I decided to just stay home and work on some family projects. This morning just happened to be something for my dad. Did that until about 10:00

Decided to drive to Provo to go to the cemetery. Threw the flower boxes in the back of the car and headed out. While there cleaned off the headstone and also the headstone of my aunt and uncle that is really close. Found some flowers that had some fall colors. Then took some time to reflect on life but not too long.




Next found myself heading up to my folks. All their cars were there but they were gone. (Later discovered they had walked to a luncheon)

Came back and fulfilled my temple assignment. We learned at the last minute that we were supposed to have the lesson today for preparation meeting. I offered to share my testimony as I figured my heart would help out a little with the things to say and my assignment is the shift instructor. . . .


After my temple time I finished up the day going to a wedding reception for one of my son's good friends and then to a movie "Dan in Real Life" A movie about a widowed man raising 3 daughters . . . How close is that to reality? Anyway an okay day in review. . . Life does continue to roll on. So glad for all the wonderful people in my life.

1 comment:

jenica said...

we hold you and your family in our hearts and prayers. miss you guys!