Monday, October 15, 2007

The Snake River -- Big Kahuna in October

Made a trip to Idaho this past week to visit my Uncle Bill. My aunt Karma passed away sunday October 7. We had a great visit and then on the way home took the scenic route over to the snake river. . . . The following picture is of the Big Kahuna rapid. There is a big rock at the end of the hole we usually take the boats thru. Sorry about the picture quality. I let Alyssa use my camera while she was in Washington DC and so had to use my cell phone camera. I have never seen the river this low or the lake behind the palisades dam so low for that matter. The lake looked like an extension of the river. It will be miracle if there is enough water to sufficiently rebuild the lake.

This was still a beautiful trip. After the snake river came back through Logan so I could see Brighton. It was a great trip from several points of view. Visits and company was the best.

No comments: