Friday, June 01, 2007

Kaylee joins the family today 6/01/2007

The fun that precipitated this announcement started at just before midnight on the 31st. Tyler was called to spend the night at Jeff and Cara's. They were headed to the hospital. About 12:50am on the 1st I received my first call letting me know they were checked in at the hospital. My next call would be as things progressed and it looked like the baby was eminent. I received that call at about 1:45am. I got up and showered (hoping that would wake me up) drove over to the hospital. Significant progress had been made but things seemed to slow down. I spent a couple of hours in the waiting room and then went out to the suburban in the parking lot to sleep. Was able to get a couple of hours of sleep and received another update call at 6:30am. The doctor was supposed to be coming in at 7:00 and was to break the water. I took the opportunity to run home and make sure Alyssa was up and driving Sarah to school. After I was done with these things I got a call from Jeff announcing that Kaylee had arrived and both the mother and daughter were healthy. Didn't take me long to get back to the hospital. Don't think I am being biased when I say she is about the cutest baby on the planet.

Proud Papa Jeff with Kaylee


Gray haired Grandpa and Kaylee





Kaylee


Kaylee's first diaper change





Kaylee all bundled up after first bath


Additional pictures may be seen by clicking on this link:
Kaylee Photo Show

No comments: