Thursday, March 22, 2007

Trip to pick up DALLIN

Today I began a week long journey to pick up Dallin and bring him home. He was been staying with my brother-in-law and sister-in-law in the Washington DC area. It has been a great opportunity to come back to my old mission field. Travel back here on JetBlue by way of Long Beach, CA. Departed at 6:15 am so had to arrive at the airport by 5:15 am. Luckily I had a great friend who volunteered to help me get to the airport so early.


Trip occurred with out a hitch except for the face that I arrived at rush hour which is probably the worst time to arrive and have to travel on the beltway. Arrived in DC about 4:30 and made to their house by 8:00pm. One nice thing happened as the car they gave me looks like it was taylor made to haul the "stuff" he has back. The game me a chev Equinox. I had never seen a car like it before but it is a 5 door and plenty of room in the back. Actually is a fairly new car with only 2735 miles on it.

In the end it was a very long day on just a couple of hours of sleep as I went to bed at 2:00 only to get up at 4:15 am.

When I arrived they had not eaten and so we took them out to eat at Red Robin. A good time was had by all.

Rick, Margaret, Madison, Bailey, Brett, Dallin
(Me taking the picture)

No comments: